Discover the power
of wild Mānuka.
Commit to a healthier life with ethically harvested Mānuka products from New Zealand's extraordinary super plant.What is Mānuka?
What is Mānuka?
Flourish with nature's original super plant.
The heart and home of our business is in the remote, untouched East Cape of New Zealand, where the world's most potent Mānuka trees (leptospermum scoparium) grow and thrive in their native environment. Produced by bees foraging on Mānuka trees that blossom for only a few weeks every year, our Mānuka honey is one of the most unique, rare, and beneficial natural products in the world.
A little bit of magic.
A little bit of magic.
A whole lot of good.
Natural alternative treatments have become especially important due to the indiscriminate use of broad spectrum antibiotics—resulting in drug-resistant microbes that are extremely difficult to treat and cure. Over the last 20 years, a range of scientific studies have been done to understand what makes Mānuka such a natural powerhouse and how it can help the body inside and out.
- Natural anti-inflammatory with 16 phenolic compounds that protect against oxidative damage.
- High in hydrogen peroxide and methylglyoxal that help the body’s immune system fight bacteria.
- Effective antimicrobial agent to help with a range of topical bacteria
- Helps inhibit common stomach bacterias like H.Pylori that can cause digestion problems and stomach irritation
-  José Miguel Alvarez-Suarez et al, Journal of Functional Foods (2016)
-  Novel assay of antibacterial components in Mānuka honey using lucigenin-chemiluminescence-HPLC Koji Karasawa et al, Analytica Chimica, (2016)
-  Honey: A realistic antimicrobial for disorders of the skin; Pauline McLoone et al, Journal of Microbiology, Immunology and Infection (2016)
-  Molecular Mechanisms of Natural Honey Against H. pylori Infection Via Suppression of NF-kB and AP-1 Activation in Gastric Epithelial Cells; Mohamed M.M. Abdel-Latifa,b and Mekky M. Abouzied; Archives of Medical Research 47 (2016)
Wild grown, but sourced from home.
At Melora, we have worked hard to be the first Mānuka honey providers with both Non-GMO project and UMF® certification so you can trust the purity, potency and origin of our products. We developed an industry-leading Fair Share profit partnership with local Māori landowners, and have even developed our own bee food to care for our hardest workers and give them a super-nutrient boost during our cold winters.
- Trusted origin from the original New Zealand super plant
- Sustainably harvested
- Independently certified for authenticity and quality
- Assures purity and quality
- Proven plant origin and potency
- Certified Non-GMO Project
- Certified by UMF(R) Honey Association
Our Founder's Story
In the early 1990s, our founders Phil & Sharan Caskey had a vision to help the traditional Māori knowledge of the Mānuka plant become recognized as a key resource for world health. Working alongside Professor Peter Molan from the University of Waikato and a medical device company in the UK, Phil co-created and registered the first mānuka honey wound care medical device in the world. His passion for championing innovation, research and sustainability for the whole manuka industry has driven him for over 20 years, and now we bring Melora to you.
Care from Hive to Jar
We track, trace, and monitor every ounce of manuka honey we produce. Our beekeepers check all our hives regularly, checking temperature, bee health and making sure that our smallest workers who produce the rare manuka honey, are all happy and healthy. It takes bees up to 4 months to produce a hive full of manuka honey, so this precious honey is to be treasured.